Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving back home

Jackson and I went back home to Walla Walla Wednesday the 26th after I got off work at 4. We hit the road after me picking him up at Bethany's and were on our way. I didn't stop the whole way! It's hard to stop with Jackson by myself. I just don't feel safe... especially in the dark. We got to Walla Walla at 8:15. That night Jes' parents and sister Alyse came over to visit us. Then we all went to bed. Thursday morning we woke up and got all the food ready for our noon Thanksgiving and went to the church where we had dinner since there was like 40 people. I must say, the basketball court was a nice distraction for the kids. They all just ran around and had a great time!

Vincent sitting on the court playing with his toys

Lydia being as cute as ever!

Olivia posing for a picture

Jackson standing still for 2 seconds!

Elizabeth posing for the picture

Colby wanted me to take a picture of him while he did this.
Uncle Joe helping Jackson try to make a basket.


After the meal there, Jackson and I went to the Goodson's for our 2nd Thanksgiving and ate again.
Jackson with olives on his fingers. He loved them!

I was very full and so was he... (see picture below)

Jackson ate too much and was too sleepy!!! This was his first nap of the whole day and it was 4!!

After dinner there, I went and visited my friend Justyn. Her and husband lived in his parents basement when we did and they live right across from Jes' parents house. They just had a little boy named Oliver, so I went to meet him at her mom's. Before I left Goodson's we just wheeled his high chair into Jes' parents room so he could get a little nap.
Oliver


I got back and he had just woken up, then after a little bit we went and visited Andrew, Alyce and Audrey. I forgot my camera in the car, but I wish I wouldn't have!!! Audrey is getting big now and crawling. Jackson likes to chase their cats around too. After their house, we went over to visit Amanda and Parker. He has been missing his buddy and they played well together. After that we went back to my parents for a little bit, then went back over to Goodson's to say goodbye. Jackson had a snack there and played with everyone and showed everyone his new trick... getting down the stairs safely. It's a relief to have him know how to do it now. I don't have to worry so much about it anymore!! Friday morning Jackson and I headed towards Tri-Cities and stopped and saw Lindsey and Taylor. He played on Taylor's rocking horse and slide and then we went to Belva and Darrell's and had a nice visit. After that we stopped at Michelle's parents house to see her and her little girl Kelsie. She was asleep, but we still got to see her. Then we met Joe, Kori, Colby, Brant, Tina and Christopher at Joe and Kori's to head out to Grandma and Grandpa Crowther's house. Jackson and I rode with Joe and Kori. We had a nice visit with Grandma and Grandpa and we all forgot to take pictures!! Shame on us!! :) We got back into Pasco and I went and visited Cassie at work, then went out to Shelby's for pizza and to hang out. It was getting late and as you have read above, it'd been a pretty busy day, so Jackson and I headed over to Dominic and Cassie's where we stayed the night. Jackson fell asleep on the way, so I took him straight downstairs to the playpen to go to sleep. Cassie had to work until 10:30, but I hung out with Dominic and Giovanni. Cassie got home and we stayed up way too late watching tv and eating ice cream. It sure was fun though!!! Saturday morning Jackson and Giovanni both woke up at 7, so Cassie and I got up with them and made pancakes. We headed towards home about 10 since Jackson was already ready for his nap. He was asleep by 10:30 and we stopped in Troutdale at the outlet mall there and walked around. I had never been there... I think I'll be going back though!!! It's a nice little mall! We stopped at Lloyd Center after that so that we could see Jes during his lunch break, then we headed HOME!!! Jackson fell asleep on the way, so we got home and I laid him down and was able to get all unpacked and had laundry going already. It was a nice trip!!! We are glad we were able to go and visit who we were able to. I'm happy to be home to Jes though. We'll see you all at Christmas time!! :)

3 comments:

NaDell said...

Thanks for the cute pictures of my kids.
We had fun while you visited. We'll see you more at Christmas.

Mary said...

Glad you took some candid shots, I am sorry Jes couldn't come. Looking forward to having him here for Christmas and Jeff too!!! Have a good week!

Kori said...

It was fun to get to spend some time with you and Jackson. We look forward to seeing Jes at Christmas. Glad you got home safely.