Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Not quite my plans for this morning...
Jackson had a kiwi right before bed last night and kind of complained of his mouth hurting. I somewhat questioned if he was having an allergic reaction, but figured it was just a ploy to not go to bed. Jes and I checked on him throughout the night and this morning he woke up with a swollen shut right eye and blotchy face!! Yikes!! I called Jes and he said to get him Benadryl so I ran next door to our neighbors and asked her if she would come sit with him while I ran quick. He wasn't feeling 100% and running to the store was the last thing he wanted to do. I gave him Benadryl at about 8:30 and then called the pediatrician just to make sure I didn't need to take him in. They suggested the ER and I'm glad I took him in. No more kiwis in our house!! Jacob kept calling for 'ack ack' from below the hospital bed.. He wanted to sit with him. It was too cute!! Hope you're all having a better may day than I am!! Haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm glad you guys got it figured out! Kiwis are expensive anyway.
I'm surprised he hasn't ever had one before. Or has he? Was this his second time? Poor guy. Hope it gets cleared up quick.
I hope that they took good naps for you. The Grandkids have strange allergies, huh?
Post a Comment