We stopped a couple of times on the side of the road to de-ice our wiper blades. It was so cold, so as the snow was hitting the windshield it would just freeze.
Jackson did great in the back watching his movies and snacking. He only slept an hour of the 5 1/2 hours on the way there.
We got to Walla Walla at 3:30 and there began our Christmas vacation. We stayed with my parents. It was almost like being away from Jackson overnight because Jes and I stayed downstairs and he was in the crib upstairs. 2 of the 3 nights we stayed Jackson coaxed my dad to rock him in the middle of the night. How sweet of him was that?! I definietly appreciated it! Thanks dad!
Christmas morning we woke up and had candycane bread. For those of you that don't know what that is... it's a cinnamon roll in the shape of a candy cane with cherries on it and frosting of course. It was delicious! After we ate we opened presents, then went over to Jes' parents house to do our Christmas there. It was an eventful day and we thank everyone for everything the three of us were given.
*Jackson testing out Audrey's Christmas present*
On Christmas day we discovered the stuff coming out of Jackson's ear probably needed some attention, so I called Dr. Jay Turner to see what he thought. He told me to get him checked out at the walk-in the next morning, so Jes and I took him in and he's got a nasty ear infection. Thanks for the advice Jay! After only 2 doses of the medicine it looks a lot better!!!
Saturday we headed towards Tri-Cities and stopped to see Darrell and Belva on our way. Then we went to NaDell's for a big "cousins" get together. It was a lot of fun. We had to leave soon after it started to get through the gorge in somewhat of daylight.
*woke up, took off the hat and woo-lah, messy hair!*
We left at 2 and got home at 6 last night. Jackson slept from the moment we pulled away from my sisters until right before the Dalles where we stopped for some fuel for the Jeep and for us. After the Dalles it was raining, so it was a little scary since it was dark and there was a lot of people on the road, but we made it.
We got home and unloaded the Jeep and got everything put away. I even started un-decorating. I took down the nativity and my villiage and today I took the tree down when we got home from church. It's 2:15 now and Jackson's been asleep since we got home at 12. I'm looking forward to the new year and hope you all are as well. I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!!!
2 comments:
Nessa-
I just can't get enough pics of Jackson! He is so adorable. Love ya, Wendy (your other mom)
Glad you got here safe. It was really good to see you guys!
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment