Thursday, March 5, 2009

HELP!

I've been trying to figure out what to do for Jes for his birthday. Today I finally figured it out... well sort of. I'm hoping for some suggestions. So far I've made this big poster board out of 9 sheets of colored paper and now I'm trying to decide what to make it say. I want to do one of those candy bar charts. Here's the 2 ideas I have so far that I found online. Anyone willing to help me out is welcome! I think both these ideas are kind of odd... but do-able.



Idea #1


Happy Birthday Jes!!
Now that you're 22, do you hear a (symphony) of (snickers)? Do your bones (krackel) and (crunch)? Does the old (bun) feel a little (chunky)? Do you act like a (butterfinger)? Have your (whoppers) turned into (milk duds)? Have the old (whatchamacallit) gone to (mars)? Don't worry, stay (carefree)... We still think you're worth (100 Grand). Love, Janessa and Jackson

Idea #2

Happy Birthday Jes!!
We love you so much, we get the (skittles) when we're with you. You are (mounds) of fun and always make us (snicker). You are so (kissable). On your (extra) special (payday) you can travel to (New York) or the (Milky Way) and see a (starburst) as you (orbit). You are such a (lifesaver) because you always make us smile. Celebrate by doing the (twix) dance. (Hugs and Kisses), Janessa and Jackson


So please... if any of you are better at this than me, share!!! :)



Jackson's doing good. He's getting so big!!! Last night Jes asked me if I thought he was getting taller and I think he is. He's been taking 3-4 hour naps. It's nice, don't get me wrong... just not normal. I'm not complaining though.


Here he is sporting a pair of my glasses.

6 comments:

Mary said...

I like parts of both, but the 1st is really cheesy. We don't go to the Symphony, and your paydays aren't 100 grand - Twix you and me we've had lots of Snickers and Mounds of fun. You're Kissable and a Big Hunk. Don't worry about getting older - stay carefree! Taking your classes is making you a Smartie. You know how to work a Whatchamacallit and are a Lifesaver to us! Hugs and Kisses XOXO

NaDell said...

I'm pretty sure that Jes isn't going to want a pack of Carefree? Is he? Is there a different kind of carefree than feminine products?
I don't think he'd like the whoppers to milk duds one either. The second one does sound a lot better.

Cute glasses Jackson!

The Four J's said...

carefree gum silly!!

JK said...

Both those are cute ideas....

Okay I don't know Jes very well but this is just an idea, Maybe just write down things you appreciate about him versus a funny play on getting older.

"I'm so glad you're my _Sweetart_. You're worth way more than _100 grand_ to Jackson and me. I'm lucky you _skittled_ into my life, you've brought plenty of _snickers_ and _mounds_ of fun. Your so _kissable _ when you play with Jackson. You've been my _lifesaver_ and we love you so much" etc.

This approach aims more toward cheesy than funny though, so whichever you think Jes would enjoy more. :)

Good luck! -Kari

Milton and Christen Crowther and Family said...

I really like Kari's Idea. You could add. We have had lots of snickers together, Sometimes I feel like we should call ourselfs the three Muskiteers. Just some Ideas. make sure you post what you end up doing. Jackson looks just like you in that picture. cute

The Four J's said...

thanks to all you creative people!!!