Last Saturday Jes, Jackson and I were sitting around enjoying our morning... we were talking to his parents on msn messenger on webcam and they looked up at their clock and said if we left right now, I wonder what time we'd get there. That got me thinking... I didn't have to work until Friday (or so I thought) so I asked Jes if that'd be okay with him. Beings as he had to work all evening Saturday and Sunday, was on shift all day Monday and school all day Tuesday. He agreed and I decided I would leave Sunday when he left for work at about 12. Well, then I remembered my cousin Lee had a mission talk on Sunday in Connell, so we left at 4 on Saturday afternoon instead. I went straight to Walla Walla and stayed with Jes' parents. Sunday morning I woke up earlier than I have in a really really long time and picked my mom up to take her with us to Connell. (Side note, it snowed about 2 inches Saturday night) My mom called to tell me about it and see if I still wanted to go. I did... so I picked her up about 7am and we headed out. Once we got out of Walla Walla the snow was gone, so the drive went well. We attended all of Connell Ward's meetings. Jackson even stayed in Nursery the whole time!!! He did great!!! I'm so proud of him! Afterwards we headed over to my Uncle Jed and Aunt Diana's for lunch. After awhile there Jackson was getting pretty cranky so we headed out so he could get a nap. I dropped my mom off and headed over to Jes' parents for Sunday Dinner. (They have a big family Sunday dinner every week... unless they're visiting us of course) We had Chicken Alfredo. That night I managed to trip over the baby gate at the bottom of their stairs and I have a pretty bruise on my forearm... still! Monday I was hoping to sleep in a little more than Sunday morning, but I think Jackson had other plans... so we were up early enough to say goodbye to Grandma Bobi for her to go to work. After that Jackson and I got dressed and headed over to Great Grandma Sharon's house to hang out. We went and had breakfast at Mr. Eds. Then we drove around a couple of places running errands while Jackson took a nap in the car. I dropped her off and went over to my mom's and hung out with her the rest of the afternoon and part of the evening. We also ran some errands and gave Jackson another nap. We had a lot of fun just hanging out and playing with Jackson. We also baked 2 cakes. One for her house and one for the Goodson's cause it would've been Jack and Sharon's 52nd wedding anniversary if he would have lived. After we had some yummy pizza, Jackson and I headed back over to the Goodson's to have cake. My dad came over there to visit us since he had to work so late, it was nice to see him! Tuesday morning Jackson and I packed everything up and went to visit Alyce and Audrey. After that we went and picked Great Grandma Sharon up and headed for Tri-Cities. We visited with Jackson's Aunt Shari for a bit, then headed out to Vancouver. We got home about 4:30 and are now just enjoying Great Grandma Sharon's visit. Hope I didn't bore you all, I'll add some pictures now! :)
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Jackson and Mommy's Spring "Break"
Last Saturday Jes, Jackson and I were sitting around enjoying our morning... we were talking to his parents on msn messenger on webcam and they looked up at their clock and said if we left right now, I wonder what time we'd get there. That got me thinking... I didn't have to work until Friday (or so I thought) so I asked Jes if that'd be okay with him. Beings as he had to work all evening Saturday and Sunday, was on shift all day Monday and school all day Tuesday. He agreed and I decided I would leave Sunday when he left for work at about 12. Well, then I remembered my cousin Lee had a mission talk on Sunday in Connell, so we left at 4 on Saturday afternoon instead. I went straight to Walla Walla and stayed with Jes' parents. Sunday morning I woke up earlier than I have in a really really long time and picked my mom up to take her with us to Connell. (Side note, it snowed about 2 inches Saturday night) My mom called to tell me about it and see if I still wanted to go. I did... so I picked her up about 7am and we headed out. Once we got out of Walla Walla the snow was gone, so the drive went well. We attended all of Connell Ward's meetings. Jackson even stayed in Nursery the whole time!!! He did great!!! I'm so proud of him! Afterwards we headed over to my Uncle Jed and Aunt Diana's for lunch. After awhile there Jackson was getting pretty cranky so we headed out so he could get a nap. I dropped my mom off and headed over to Jes' parents for Sunday Dinner. (They have a big family Sunday dinner every week... unless they're visiting us of course) We had Chicken Alfredo. That night I managed to trip over the baby gate at the bottom of their stairs and I have a pretty bruise on my forearm... still! Monday I was hoping to sleep in a little more than Sunday morning, but I think Jackson had other plans... so we were up early enough to say goodbye to Grandma Bobi for her to go to work. After that Jackson and I got dressed and headed over to Great Grandma Sharon's house to hang out. We went and had breakfast at Mr. Eds. Then we drove around a couple of places running errands while Jackson took a nap in the car. I dropped her off and went over to my mom's and hung out with her the rest of the afternoon and part of the evening. We also ran some errands and gave Jackson another nap. We had a lot of fun just hanging out and playing with Jackson. We also baked 2 cakes. One for her house and one for the Goodson's cause it would've been Jack and Sharon's 52nd wedding anniversary if he would have lived. After we had some yummy pizza, Jackson and I headed back over to the Goodson's to have cake. My dad came over there to visit us since he had to work so late, it was nice to see him! Tuesday morning Jackson and I packed everything up and went to visit Alyce and Audrey. After that we went and picked Great Grandma Sharon up and headed for Tri-Cities. We visited with Jackson's Aunt Shari for a bit, then headed out to Vancouver. We got home about 4:30 and are now just enjoying Great Grandma Sharon's visit. Hope I didn't bore you all, I'll add some pictures now! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was fast getting Jes to put the light up! Glad it worked for you since the boys didn't want it.
Post a Comment