Sunday, April 26, 2009

My baby is growing up...

Sleeping under his awesome Thomas blanket from Grandma Mary! :)
Brytnee and David MadisonJackson loving the balloons at the receptionGiovanni

Friday after Jackson's doctor appointment we headed for Tri-Cities to go to Brytnee's wedding. We got to my NaDell's at about 2:30pm. I was 90 miles from her house and realized I forgot my whole bag at home!!! AHHHHH NaDell, Elizabeth, Olivia, Vincent, Jackson and I all headed to Kohl's. Luckily NaDell has an eye for deals cause she found me a good one! I don't even think anyone took a picture of me in the dress, but it's cute! It's blue, black and white with a cute design on it and it buttons all the way down the back. After Kohl's I headed over to Jes' sister Shari's apartment. She moved back to Walla Walla on Saturday from Tri-Cities so we hung out while she got some things packed up so she could see Jackson. After that Jackson and I headed to Wal-Mart to pick up some essentials to survive a night... ie; deodarent, mascara and a cell phone charger. Then I headed over to Dominic and Cassie's house to stay. Cassie had just gotten off work when I got there. She made lasagna for dinner. It was yummy!!! Jackson had two servings!!! Probably cause I stopped at the McDonalds in Biggs and he threw all his chicken nuggets. STINKER! After Jackson went to sleep Cassie and I headed to Yoke's for junk food! It's our thing... everytime I stay there we eat way too much sugar! We got Ben and Jerry's Cake Batter ice cream, chocolate fudge brownie ice cream, twizzlers, reisens and candy bars. (just a big hunk and a look bar) I woke up at 6am to Jackson climbing out of his playpin... *sigh* I've been considering putting him in a toddler bed and this made my decision. He'll be 20 months Tuesday so I guess he's close enough to '2'. I tried so hard until 8 to keep him from waking Dominic, Cassie and Giovanni... he finally got so hard to keep quiet so we went for a drive to put him to sleep, then Cassie called when they all woke up and I went back hoping I could just lay him down in Giovanni's crib... NOPE! He was all awake! So we went and helped make waffles for breakfast and ate. Then we headed to visit Milton, Christen, Jared, Seth, Coy, Trevor and Lydia. Jackson enjoyed playing with his cousins. Christen helped me button my dress up cause the top buttons are hard to reach and we headed off for the wedding. Finally on the way there Jackson fell asleep. I put him in the stroller with his Thomas blanket over him (see picture) and thought he'd be out for awhile... nope, he woke up within 20 minutes. The wedding was a little shorter than mine and for those of you that were at mine know that means it was only about 8 minutes! Jackson did great. Afterwards at the reception is where he got grumpy again. We didn't stick around for long. After leaving there we headed for Joe, Kori, Colby and Samuel's house to say hey. I left Jackson asleep in the car for this stop. I had tried too many times and failed. I'm glad they understood. I got to hold Samuel. He is a cutie!! He smiles a lot too. Colby was offering me his oreos that he already ate all the frosting off of. Silly boy!! After that I headed to Jes' Grandpa Bob's house for pizza and to meet up with some of Jes' family. They go to Arizona for the winter so they hadn't seen Jackson since last summer. He kept them all entertained. Since I forgot my bag at home I didn't have my glasses, so Jes suggested I leave Tri-Cities by 4 at the latest to get home before dark. I don't see well in the dark with my contacts. Jackson and I headed out at 4:20, I know... I cheated a little. It takes time to say goodbye. We got home exactly 3 hours later. I don't stop when it's just Jackson and I. It's too hard to hold him while I go to the bathroom or whatever and I can't just leave him in the car. He slept for an hour on the way home and was really excited to see Jes!!! We had tuna melts for dinner. He loved them. I put 2 pictures up in our dining area of Jes and I at a sweethearts dance and prom and Jackson kept pointing to it saying PAPA. haha He's so funny. This morning Jes had to leave early to be on shift all day so I got up before Jackson anticipating him trying to climb out of his crib. He tried again... so I converted his crib to a toddler bed today. He loves it!!! Although... now that it's approaching bedtime he's not too into it. Wish me luck tonight!!! Here's some cute pictures from our weekend!!!

Jackson jumping on his bedTelling me goodnight... this was this morning right after I did it.

This is him just a few minutes ago... this didn't last long... he's out here watching Thomas for the 50th time today! (BTW, he did take a 2 1/2 hour nap in it today. There's hope for tonight!)

3 comments:

Mary said...

I'm glad he likes the blanket. You bought the material... I just made it. My favorite pattern. Glad he went to sleep in the big boy bed ok for you.

Nick and Erika said...

I was so afraid Aiden would get out of his bed when we first transitioned him. Luckily he didn't! But now that he is in a twin bed, he gets out of his bed at like 7am and comes into my room and says, "wake up momma!" haha just wait until he can do that. You will never treasure sleep more than you do now!

Tina Crowther said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck with the bed thing... We're not looking forward to that too much- because Christopher is a CRAZY sleeper!