Friday, July 10, 2009

My 100th post + some =)

As most of you know Picture People hasn't been giving me the hours and happiness I need in a job, so I've been out looking. I had an interview on Wednesday at Winco and they said they would call me back Thursday to let me know what they were going to do after they interviewed 3 others. This morning (Friday) I was up getting ready for work and got a call from them at 9:30 am. She asked if I could come in this morning for a follow-up interview. I looked at the clock and said I could be there at 10. Then I looked in the mirror at myself... my hair was soaked from the shower and I had no make-up on. I was going to have to get ready really fast!!! Believe it or not... I was out the door at 9:40 with my hair blow dried and somewhat flat ironed and make-up on. I got there by about 9:55 after walking in and getting upstairs and Penney knowing I had to be to work at 10:30 had me take a seat, told me Paulette wanted to offer me the position and to initial these papers. Then she handed me a "drug test bag" and directions to the Dr's office to get it at and sent me on my way. I got to the Dr's office about 10:10 and did the drug test then headed off {QUICKLY} to work. I literally got to work at 10:30 and my manager was dialing my number making sure I was coming as I walked in. I worked my 10:30-4 shift and actually got off at 3:30. I got home and soon after got another call from Penney and Winco. She had already gotten my results back {negative for everything of course for all you wondering} and they want me to start on Tuesday. I already have a total of 24 hours scheduled next week. I'm going to be making nearly a dollar more an hour and have about double the hours. It's a 12-8:30am shift. It will definitely be hard to get used to, but I'll be making good money and hopefully get used to it quickly. Truthfully I enjoyed the Picture People... just not the drama that went along with it. I'm excited for the change!

Speaking of change... Jes is {finally} done with his clinicals and is moving on and starting his Paramedic Internship. He will be interning with Clark County American Medical Response. There's a rotation that he will follow and the shifts are from 10am-10pm. Just 12 hours and not overnight, so we're happy about that. In just a few short months Jes will have his Paramedic Degree looking for work.

Jackson is doing well. Growing up faster and faster everyday it seems. I can't believe he will be 2 in August! It's unbelievable! His vocabulary is growing a lot and he keeps busy playing with his cars. His favorite movie is "Cars". He's a good kid for the most part and he will eat just about anything we put in front of him. I'm happy to have a good eater!

5 comments:

NaDell said...

So, you'll become a REAL night owl.
I should just get a job like that. Maybe sometime. Maybe if I needed to.
I'm glad you are able to find good jobs and that you will be paid well. It's nice that Jes will work opposite you too. How will Jackson do if you need to sleep during the day?

Milton and Christen Crowther and Family said...

Congrats on getting the job. Jackson is such a good looking boy. we missed you on the 4th. love ya

Nick and Erika said...

yay congrats! hope it works out well for you

Mary said...

Congrats on the job. It was kinda hard to read your post on the dark background...Did you give your notice today?

The Four J's said...

I'm hoping to nap with Jackson when he naps then sleep when Jes gets home from work. On the days Jes is at his internship I think I'll have Jackson go and play with his buddies. We'll see. I'm sure it won't be too bad. NaDell- it would be a good job for you.
Christen- Thank you and we missed you too!!!
Erika- Thanks!
Mom- I told her... she didn't really seem to care. I wrote out my notice and will give it to her tomorrow.