Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What I have learned in the past month and a half...

I have now been working nights at WinCo for a little over a month and a half and I tell ya I've learned some interesting things...

* Weird people shop in the middle of the night.

* Normal people shop in the middle of the night.

* People take their small children out at 2am and let them scream through the whole store.

* There are some guys that work there that are just kinda creepy.

* There's a lot of old grumpy ladies.

* There's a HUGE variety of pads and tampons (I've always gotten the same thing... now that I stock them I feel like I'm in that section for hours.)

* When wives send their husbands on a tampon/pad run no matter if they need help finding the right one or not they will refuse your help... GUYS---ask and you won't be standing there as long!!! (but is it funny to watch you get really embarrassed.)

* Too much smelling of soap isn't a good thing. (headache with all the smells together)

* Herbal Essences shampoo has some weird names... I can't think of any off the top of my head, but look next time you go to the store.

* There's so many different kinds of toothpastes.

* Pregnancy tests sell like hot cakes.

* Today I stocked 'scratch and sniff' toothbrushes... wow, really?!

* There's a vitamin for everything... off brand is a lot cheaper!

* It's interesting to see what people shop for in the middle of the night and the combination of things. ie; Pizza Rolls and Soap.

* While stocking 'Hanson's Soda' be very careful cutting the box. (I got squirted in the eye with Pomegranate Juice.)

* Don't drop the BBQ Sauce... it will go everywhere and be very sticky!

* Just because someone is older than you doesn't mean they get permission to boss you around. (I've let both ladies that think they can boss me around know that I don't like it and now they're kissing up to me all the time.)

* It's really not that bad working nights... it goes by rather quickly now that I've been getting used to it.

* They drug test there... do I believe it? ... No. haha


That's just a few of the things... I'm still enjoying it though. It's usually quite entertaining.

3 comments:

NaDell said...

Love the update.
I see people out with kids all the time too. Sometimes I go after the kids are in bed and it's like 10 or 11 before I'm done and people are there on school nights with elementary age kids. So confusing. That's going to be a tired kid!
Funny stuff. I'd love to hear more updates. :)

Tina Crowther said...

Brant laughed pretty hard... made me come read it! I liked the binky bye bye idea too.

Michael and Anita said...

That is interesting stuff. :) I'm excited to hear about the shampoo names. :)