So we went to Walla Walla for Jackson's 2nd birthday party and me being the intelligent person I am (ha ha) put our laptop on top of the tv in the spare room of Jes' parents house and plugged it in across the floor under a desk... I went in the wake Jes up from a nap trying not to wake Jackson up cause he was sleeping so cute. I took a picture and then managed to trip over the cord and the part where the power cord plugs into the laptop shifted up and broke off the board. So basically the computer is toast!!! Kind of crappy, but accidents happen.
Jackson's 2nd birthday party went well!!! There were 50 people there!! He got nice and spoiled by everyone who came and we thank all of you!
Working nights is going well. I'm still enjoying it and loving the good money it brings in. It feels good to feel like I'm actually contributing, ha ha. Jes' mom works for the VA Hospital so her and Jes' dad came last week for a meeting she had for a couple days and I jokingly said, you can take Jackson's home with you... well, beings as she's returning in [12 MINUTES!!!] for another meeting I let him go. I've never left him overnight and I'm sending him 300 miles away for 3 nights!!! Call me crazy... I missed him so much and I'm anxious to see him so soon!!! It was a nice break.
Although-- yesterday Jes was going to get off early [at 1] and called me about 1:10 and said... I got in an accident... I thought he was joking, but it was very clear he wasn't. He was going down Grand in Portland and some idiot in a full size truck pulled out of the McDonald's parking lot cutting straight across 4 lanes of traffic to cut through and Oil Can Henry's parking lot. Well, his truck being big Jes thought he was just turning out wide to accommodate the rest of his vehicle... nope... by the time Jes realized it it was too late. He t-boned him in the Malibu.. So here I am at home only been asleep for an hour and a half and I'm heading to Portland to pick him up. When I got there the tow truck was on it's way and we waiting until he left with it then we headed to the Leif's Auto Collision where it's going to be fixed... gave them all the info they needed, came home... called insurance to report it, then off to Hertz for a rental car. We got a beautiful blue Toyota Corolla. I love it!!! I teased Jes and told him it was my birthday present to have a rental car. I don't think he thought that was very funny. He didn't get hurt at all thank goodness, but please keep us in your prayers as this is going to be a battle to decide who was at fault... the Oil Can Henry's manager watched the whole thing and had watched the jerk do it multiple times before in the day... so we're hoping with him as a witness that saw the whole thing they'll take our side.
OUCH!!!
I LOVE THIS CAR!!I hope you all are having a good week!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment