On the one night where you get an extra hour naturally something has to happen to change that...
First... Jackson had growing pains and came upstairs to our room crying. We rubbed his feet and he fell asleep on MY pillow not leaving me much room, but when you're tired you just deal with it. Finally an hour later I woke him up and helped him get back in bed.
Second... I had just gotten into a deep sleep and I hear a small chirp every 20 seconds or so... We all know what that means.. Dead battery on the smoke detector! My response was "nnnnoooo!!" Jes heard me and went and changed it quickly. (Yay!)
Third... Jacob has been pretty sick lately, first croup mid-October, then pneumonia the next week. He's still got a pretty nasty cough, so he's been sleeping at the end of our bed in the playpen. He went to sleep in his own bed last night and climbed up all the stairs to us and snuck in our bed. Luckily he wasn't sad or anything just COLD!!!
Forth... Brrrrrr!! Yesterday was a fairly nice day. I took down all the Halloween decorations inside and out while the boys played in the yard. Because it was nice we opened the doors and I turned the heater off.. Oops!! It was 65° in our house when we woke up this morning. No wonder both boys snuck up to our bed.
Love my boys so much, but not wanting another night like that anytime soon. Must be how my sister in laws feel with their new baby girls!
Now for an update on us...
Jes' operation in Colorado Springs is shutting down therefore leaving him without work or to commute 80 miles to Denver, then 80 miles back.. He chose to commute. We bought a Mazda 2 that gets awesome gas mileage for him to commute. We will be moving to the Denver area by the end of the school year.
Hope I didn't bore you all!
3 comments:
I always use that extra hour for crafting. Not boring at all. Glad that commuting is an option for New. A move at the end of school is better than in Winter. Sorry the boys keep finding their way into your bedroom. :) to see your post today.
I'm glad to see a new blog! Andy was in here when I opened it and asked what you guys were up to. =)
I do feel that way, nearly every night, but ironically, it's not usually because of the new baby. She sleeps soundly through the night. Caleb always wants wrapped up after he goes potty, and lately Derek's been waking up... and he's terrible when he does, because he thinks it's just time to be awake! But, I do feel your pain, and wish you a better nights rest tonight!
Post a Comment