Well this past couple days have been interesting. It started off Saturday morning, I woke up with a sore throat and over the rest of Saturday and Sunday I had barely any voice. So, since I'm a telemarketer... it's kind of impossible to go and talk on the phone for 5 hours, so I called in sick. I left a message for my supervisor because she didn't answer. About noon on Monday she called me back and said, "Either come in today and tough it out and by the end of the week make 5 sales, or don't come back." Well, I didn't have much of an option... I said, "Well, I can hardly talk and if I were to come in, I'd be constantly coughing and it would just be a mess." So, needless to say, I chose the high road! I'm feeling pretty good about it though. Selling Dish Network is not something I enjoyed, but it was a paycheck... well one, that's coming on Monday since I only worked there 2 weeks. On Monday I applied at Old Navy, The Picture People, Fred Meyer, Wal-Mart, Dollar Tree, Payless Shoe Source and Toys R Us. Yesterday I got a phone call from The Picture People to come in for an interview on Monday at 4. This job is a seasonal one, but hopefully if I get it, they'll keep me on. She asked me to bring 3 things with me that kind of describe me... any suggestions? I was thinking a family picture, my flat iron and I'm kind of lost on what else... My mom suggested my scrapbook, but it's so big! I was hoping to fit everything into my purse, so I don't look like a weirdo! Even though I'm out of work right now it's been kind of nice. I've had my evenings to Jes and Jackson. Last night we all went for a bike ride with Jackson in the bike trailer behind Jes. We finally figured out how to prop Jackson in there so his helmet doesn't make his head go forward enabling him to see. We put a pillow under him and a blanket behind his back and he loved it!! Also a plus... we put him to bed at 9:30 and he didn't wake up until 9 this morning. I had to wake him up though, since we have story time at 9:30am. I wonder how long he would've slept! Crazy boy! I think he's growing some more for sure. Tomorrow we're going to a ward Trunk or Treat. I think Jackson will enjoy that. I may just put him in his turtle costume from last year again. It still fits, and he loves it! Sorry there's no pictures this time... the pictures that I took of our bike ride are on my phone. Hope you all have a good Halloween!!!
3 comments:
Sorry about the job, it didn't sound like fun anyways. I would bring something like a smily face. You are always cheerful and they are probably looking for someone like that. Maybe laundry soap-- say it is the Cheer brand. Corny, I know.
thanks for the ideas Kori! I don't think they're corny... if that's what gets me the job! haha
It sounds like you guys will have a fun Halloween and It's always nice to spend extra time with your family! (I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving to be done!) Good luck with your interviews!Give Jackson a kiss for me!
Post a Comment