Tuesday, October 14, 2008

So I started yesterday...

I'm done with my first day off work! I survived!! I even was on the phone by myself by the end of the night. The good thing about it all, no one was mean to me!!! I was really shocked by that actually! It's nice how some people are so sweet, where others just hang up or say take me off your list. It definitely will make me think twice before I'm rude to a telemarketer now! It was actually kind of fun... I'm sure it won't be every night. I called people in AZ, NY, OR and even WALLA WALLA!!! I didn't recognize the names though. Wouldn't it be weird if I called you?? haha So it was a success. I still haven't heard back from 24 hour fitness, but if they offer me the job there, I'm going to take it! Sounds like it'd be a lot better!!!

Jes is enjoying his job at Sears. It's in Portland, so it's a little bit of a drive, but not too bad unless he hits rush hour. Even then, it's not horrible. I guess it took him 45 minutes yesterday to get from work to Bethany's to pick Jackson up. We'll probably guzzle that gas!! Good thing he takes the Malibu... it gets a lot better gas mileage!! Last night he interviewed at UPS in Portland at 11pm. They do the interviews at the time you're wanting to work. Kind of weird, but that's when it was. He applied for a 10pm-3am shift. He didn't get home until almost 3am and then had to be at Sears at 7 this morning. I was sound asleep when he left. I feel bad that we hardly see each other anymore, but it'll all even out! We're just happy Jackson isn't at a babysitters all day!!!

Today Jackson and I went to Costco to pick up a couple of things and we paid only 3.12 for gas!!! I guess it's 2.99 in Wilsonville which is about 20-30 minutes away from us. My mom is most likely going to to come and spend over a week with us!!! I'm so excited!!! I miss her a lot and I know we all will enjoy her company!!! :) ...and cooking!!!

Well, onto my 2nd night of work here soon!!!

Thanks for all the recent comments... I just wanted to make sure you were all still alive out there!

1 comment:

NaDell said...

That's funny that you called Walla Walla. I'm glad it's not as bad as it might have been and that people are mostly polite. I try to be. I just say, "Sorry, We can't help right now." because most of our calls are to donate to some obscure fund, like ________name for foot cancer. (I made that up) but they all just want money and don't use it well, so we donate to the Breast Cancer ones (when Andy's home) and that's about all above tithing and fast offerings. I would much rather give to causes that take care of the money and don't waste all of it on their own salaries. Operation Family Fund is good because 100% of the donations go to families of fallen heros or severely disabled men and women in armed forces. I'd like to give to them sometime.
I know your job is different than these. I was just thinking this way.