Sunday, April 3, 2011

Jacob Paul


I have inquiring minds asking for more details, so instead of individually telling everyone I'll just post it on here... don't read if you don't want to know... haha


So Thursday March 30th and 8am Jackson and I went outside and vacuumed out my car. It was filthy dirty!!! If you have kids, you can probably imagine!!! It really wasn't that much work, I didn't have a sore back or anything... I got done and came back in the house to relax and got up to go to the bathroom because I thought I had wet myself... (if you've been pregnant, you know how often this happens) I got changed and stood up again and it happened again... and again... Jes got home from the gym and told me that he was sure it was my water breaking. I think I was in denial... I didn't want to go and get checked just to get sent home. I started having contractions consistenly from 10:30-1 and finally after hanging out around the house and taking Jackson for a walk around the block I told Jes I was ready to go in. To avoid getting people too excited (because i was still convinced I was not in labor) I had Jes and Jackson drop me off at the hospital with the intent of them not even making it home to just come back and get me... Well, they made it home and soon after I was told that my water indeed did break and I was in labor. I was dilated to a 2 and 70% effaced. Jes quickly loaded the car and sleeping Jackson and took him to his Grandpa Bob's house. Jes got to the hospital just after I got into my room. (Room 133) We pretty much just sat and looked at each other from 1:30-6pm when they came to check me again. Since my water was leaking already they don't check you as often to reduce the chance of infection. I got checked and I was only a 3. Pretty disappointing, we knew it was going to be a long night. I asked the nurse if my water was going to get completely broken by the doctor or if they just waited until it happens... she kind of just brushed it off or so it seemed, so I figured it would happen when it happened. At 7pm was shift change and my new nurse was Bre, who I loved!!! I don't know what I would have done without her!!! Jacob's heart rate kept dropping and they had me rolling over back and forth every 20 minutes or so. Finally at 9 Bre decided she needed to call the doctor to put some internal monitors on to keep an eye on Jacob's heart rate. He came in and was inserting the monitor and all of a sudden there's a huge gush!!! My water broke... no wonder I only dilated to a 3!!! The doctor said that in my chart it just said my waters had broke and understood that as they had already fully broke. I had no idea, I felt like I had been leaking all day. That's when it really started!!! Contractions full roar and they hurt!!! At this point I still had no medication at all. I requested some IV drugs and got Fentanyl and that sure made me dizzy. I just laid there with my eyes closed reaching for Jes' hand to hold during contractions. As the Fentanyl wore off the contractions got even stronger. I was in a lot of pain... the doctor offered and epidural, but I really didn't want one. I just held Jes' hand focusing on every contraction. By about 11pm I was checked again and I was an 8 and Bre noticed that Jacob wasn't positioned correctly... he was sunnyside up, and finally thru contractions he turned correctly while I was rocking my hips back and forth. At about 12:45am it was time to push. Once again, because of his dropping heart rate I was only able to push every other contraction to give him time to recover from the pushing. I was sure I was going to end up needing a c-section. At 2:10am I had my baby boy!!! He was 8 lbs 3 oz, 19 inches long. His first apgar score was 8 and then 5 minutes later was a 9. He is perfect!!! I love him so much already!!! My parents got into town 4/1/2011 at about 4pm to meet him and are here to help. It's been nice to help with the transision of bring Jacob home to have help with both the boys. It's nice to have them down here.. I hope they're enjoying their stay. Jackson's sure keeping them busy!!! =) There you have it!!!


As for me, I'm feeling great... I only tore a little bit and overall feel way better at this point than I did at this point after having Jackson.


Now back to snuggling my sweet boys!!


5 comments:

NaDell said...

I'm so glad it went alright. He is adorable! Mom and Dad will be a huge help adjusting to your new life. =) And I'm sure they are enjoying a break from the car.

Tina Crowther said...

I'm glad to hear about the details. I bet right now you're feeling a lot like me- good, but then, not so good with all the extras that come along with a new baby...
You are one tough mama! Nice work! He is very cute, and they both had great timing!

Mary said...

Yes, Mom and Dad are happy to not be in the car in the heat on cowtrail roads. We are enjoying being entertained by Jackson. It was fun in IF too. Thanks for cooperating Derek and Jacob. And for letting the OLD FOLKS come...

SUMMER said...

I am so happy that it all went smoothly!! He is a doll!! Makes me want to plan the third one a bit sooner!! Im baby hungry!! Enjoy your boys!!

Milton and Christen Crowther and Family said...

Haha, glad to know I am not the only one who thought I was just peeing my pants when my water broke to! Glad to know you are doing well. Jacob is a cutie!