Sunday, November 13, 2011

Some updating to do...

Well, here I go again neglecting my blog... My apologies fellow bloggers!!!

Jes got an email back from the job with AMR (American Medical Response) in Boulder, Colorado saying he didn't get it. That was okay. We had waited so long wondering and wondering what had come about him flying there for the interview. Most of you are probably thinking, what a waste... he flew there for the interview and didn't get the job. Well... I kind of thought the same thing, then I realized it was good for him... He stayed with a friend he hadn't seen in almost 6 years and fell in love with Colorado knowing that's where he wants to raise our family.

He had a phone interview with Rural Metro (the company he works for now, so it'll be a direct transfer) in Aurora, Colorado on Wednesday and did great!! He got an email back Friday saying he passed both the interview and the written test they emailed him. Now they're just waiting to see when their orientaion is going to start and we'll be on our way!!! Jes is under the impression that it will be early January making us move a couple days after Christmas. I guess it's still not for sure for sure since we don't know WHEN we're going, but it is definite at the same time. It's a very good pay raise which will be good too... I'm excited/anxious for our new adventure.

It's very sad to think of leaving all of our good friends here, but just like we did in Vancouver and here we will make more friends. We always do... not that it makes it easier, but the reassurance is nice. We have really enjoyed our year and a half in Arizona, but it's just not home..

Jacob is nearly crawling... It's a matter of time before he'll be too fast for me!!! I love the stage he's at right now. So much fun!!! He has his top fangs and his two bottom teeth... he's working on his top two, but they aren't quite down just yet. He loves to eat cheerios, mac n cheese and anything else Jackson, Jes and I are willing to share.

Jackson is doing great and continues to grow and learn. He's so smart!! Sometimes he will come up to me and just randomly say, "Mom.. L is for Lion and C is for Cat" Thank goodness for educational t.v. and friends :) He too has so many friends here!!! That's where it gets hard as a parent... I hate to see him leave them, but it's best for our family right now.

Jes is doing good. He's literally working himself to the ground though!! Seems like he's hardly home. Yes, he has 4 days off in a row, but he rarely takes the full 4 days. He's such a good provider and we appreciate all his hard work!!

I'm doing good... keeping very busy with the kids, cleaning, cooking and my Mom's Club and friends. I am doing really good selling my Scentsy this month so that's exciting!! It's nice to contribute to our household besides the basic Mom stuff. If you're interested in ordering any Scentsy you can order directly from my website at https://janessagoodson.scentsy.us/ It makes great gifts!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Good to read that you are feeling ok with how things are turning out. Need some pictures in this posting for the Grandmas...just saying!

NaDell said...

I think that's where Menno lives, isn't it?
Glad you guys have a place to go and work to do.

The Four J's said...

Menno lives in Arvada I believe... but they're all close.