A couple weeks ago I saw this cute idea on Pinterest and quickly realized that Jackson's 1/2 birthday was coming up!!
To be honest, until this morning I had forgotten about this idea. I was talking to Jackson and realized today is the last day of February, so I was telling him that tomorrow is the first day of March and I quickly remembered my 1/2 birthday cake idea!!! I told him it was his 1/2 birthday today and he was excited!!! I didn't tell him we were going to make 1/2 a cake and I can't wait to see his excitement!!!
This is Jackson all ready for school!! Jes' mom & I found this cool shirt on sale at "Crazy 8" in January. He's growing up so fast!!
After I dropped him off at school, I ran to the grocery store for a cake mix, so that it could cool while I was at MOPs (Mom's of Preschoolers). When I got home, I cut it in half and used chocolate icing as a "glue" and filling.
Here's the finished product!! I cannot take all the credit... Jes is very good at this stuff and helped me a lot!! I think it turned out pretty good!! Green & yellow are his two favorite colors too, so that's a bonus. :)
P.S. This is two days in a row of blogging... maybe I will do it more often again.
2 comments:
Cute idea! We didn't go to the Crazy 8 store, did we?? I've not heard of it before. Happy 1/2 Birthday Jackson!
I don't think we went to the mall at all, did we? It's an overpriced children's clothing store. Gotta hit the sales. :)
Post a Comment